I have been leading research projects funded by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) focusing on quality culture in construction contractors, private clients and developers in Malaysia and corporate social responsibility and sustainability in Malaysian engineering firms.
- RAZAK School Grant – Clients in the Malaysian Construction Industry (submitted July 2010) with Dr Syazli and Dr David Goh (Bovis Lendlease). Approved November 2010.
- Foreign Academic Visitors Research and Development (R&D) Fund – Corporate Culture Impact on Quality Performance of Malaysian contractors – collaboration between Dr Syazli (Razak School), Dr Muhammad Madi Bin Abdullah (International Business School) with Dr Vaughan Coffey, QUT (submitted October 2010 and approved December 2010).
- University Grant GUP – CSR in Malaysian Engineering, Construction and Property Sectors (approved).
- Proposal for funding from the British High Commission for a launch seminar and networking event for Water at UTM with Dr Rory Padfield and Ms Effie Papargyropoulou.
Other collaboration on funded research projects includes;
- Sutra Fund – Food Waste in the Service Sector of Malaysia, Lead applicant Effie Papargyropoulou
- Foreign Academic Visitors Research and Development (R&D) Fund – Environmental Practices in the Malaysian Food and Drink sector Lead applicant Dr Rory Padfield.
- Foreign Academic Visitors Research and Development (R&D) Fund - Establishing the Recycling Potential of Food Waste from the Service Sector in Malaysia Lead applicant Effie Papargyropoulou.