International Conference Organisation
I have organised many academic and continuing professional development conferences, workshops and seminars These events have drawn delegates from regional and national construction organisations and professional institutions. They have been supported by the Chartered Institute of Building, the Chartered Institute of Marketing and other institutions in the construction sector. The international conferences have been in association with CIB. Details as follows;
- Co-Director of the first International Construction Business & Management Symposium 2011 held in September at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) International Campus, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (http://www.razakschool.utm.my/icbms2011/) (200 delegates).
- Member of the Editorial and Organising Committees for the 5th International Conference on Multi-National Joint Ventures for Construction Works – 22nd/23 October 2009, Kulliyyah of Archicture and Environmental Design, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). (200 delegates)
- Associate Director, and member of the Editorial Committee of the Inaugural Conference on Construction in the Muslim World – 19-21 October 2009, Kulliyyah of Archicture and Environmental Design, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). (150 delegates).
- Joint facilitator, and member of the Editorial Committee of the Inaugural Conference – Quantity Surveying in Academia, Research, Training and Development – 5th May 2009, Kulliyyah of Archicture and Environmental Design, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). (100 delegates)
- September 2006, seminar at UNITEN in Kuala Lumpur on Business Development for Construction and Engineering Professionals. The event was in collaboration with University Sains Malaysia, Inti Colleges, and the International Islamic University Malaysia. (60 delegates).
- October 2005, a national one day seminar on Business Development for Construction Professionals in Leeds. This was sponsored by major construction companies including White Young Green, Balfour Beatty etc. (150 delegates).
- September 2004, the 1st National Construction PR Conference to be held inLeeds. This was supported by CIOB, CIMCIG and CAPSIG and was sponsored byYorkshire Forward and numerous commercial organisations. (80 delegates).
- September 2001, the 2nd International Construction Marketing Conference at the Building Research Establishment, Watford, England. (300 delegates).
- August 1998, the first Leeds International Construction Marketing Conference. The Proceedings included over forty academic and industrial papers from over ten countries. Speakers included the Minister for London and Construction and other high profile industry leaders. (200 delegates).
In 1997, three major conferences and workshops aimed at enhancing understanding, and development of advanced commercial skills for construction managers. These were as follows;
- April 1997, one day conference on Marketing and public relations in the construction industry (90 delegates).
- June 1997, half-day conference on Pre-qualification in construction (60 delegates).
- October 1997, one day conference on Service quality and client satisfaction for design and build contractors (100 delegates).